Carefully curated resources (including many of my personal favorites!) to help your relationships thrive, encourage you as a parent, boost your happiness and resilience, and promote better decision making. I've even included some for kids!
There is a blend of free and paid content and products across a range of platforms, so hopefully you'll find something here that resonates with you...a little reminder, or a new tool or insight, to help keep you grounded in the good stuff.
Check back periodically - I'll keep growing this list!
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor (teaches us the age-old formula for success is broken...and what to focus on instead)
- The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work by Dr. John Gottman and Nan Silver (offers research-based principles for happier relationships)
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb (shares a therapist's poignant, often amusing, experience as a therapy patient)
- The Power of Fun by Catherine Price (identifies what blocks us from True Fun and how to tap into it to be less stressed, more focused, and happier)
- Fighting for Your Marriage by Drs. Markman, Stanley, and Blumberg (proven strategies to boost your marriage and help prevent divorce)
- And Baby Makes Three by Drs. John and Julie Gottman (helps couples babyproof their relationship)
- No Drama Discipline by Drs. Dan Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson (considers discipline in the context of child development and offers practical examples to avoid common pitfalls)
- Undistracted by Bob Goff (how to remove distractions to joy and discover deeper purpose)
- Quiet by Susan Cain (on the power of introverts)
- Daring Greatly by Dr. Brene Brown (on vulnerability and courage)
E-COURSES + VIDEOS:
- ePREP (online course for couples by PREP, Inc. - based on 4 decades of cutting edge research)
- Loveology (leading relationship experts reply to your questions in short 3-5 minute videos; browse videos on grace, sexuality, repair, leisure time, parenting, and much more!)
- Dream Big Academy (online, self-paced courses by Bob Goff to help you dream big for your family and career - plus special courses for aspiring authors and public speakers, too).
- Our Relationship (online relationship course for couples, or individual partners, by Dr. Brian Doss)
- Winning the Toddler Stage (for parents of 1-6 year olds by Big Little Feelings)
- Freedom from Perfectionism: How To Take Back Your Time & Live A More Authentic Life (self-paced perfectionism course by Dr. Jennifer Douglas - educational videos and thoughtful exercises)
BLOGS + QUIZZES:
- Sliding vs. Deciding Blog by Dr. Scott Stanley (research-based musings on commitment and cohabitation)
- Psychology Today Blogs: Mine or Dr. Tyler Jamison's (practical advice, informed by relationship science, to help people have happier relationships)
- Gottman Relationship Blog (relationship-focused articles from The Gottman Institute, therapists, and educators)
- 5 Love Languages Quiz (versions for couples, singles, teens, and kids - based on the book by Dr. Gary Chapman)
- Taking Cara Babies (sleep training; helpful nap/feeding schedules and resources for parents with babies and toddlers)
- Time-In Toolkit (tools for developing children's emotional intelligence and resilience by Generation Mindful)
- The Adventure Challenge (scratch-off books for couples, families, or friends to encourage connection and novel experiences)
- The Great Creators and How I Built This with Guy Raz (interviews with creatives and successful entrepreneurs - big ideas, setbacks, lessons learned, and more)
- Dream Big Podcast with Bob Goff (interviews with inspiring individuals) and The Writing Room with Bob Goff and Kimberly Stuart (interviews with authors - discussion about books and the writing process)
- The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos (research-based happiness hacks and interviews)
- Choiceology with Dr. Katy Milkman (true stories, expert insights, and science-backed strategies for better decision making)
- Dr. Justin Coulson's Happy Families podcast (practical parenting approaches and relatable anecdotes)
- Stronger Marriage Connection podcast with Dr. Dave and Dr. Liz
- Soultime (Christian meditations)
- Gottman Card Decks (fun conversation starters for couples)
- Love Nudge (based on the 5 love languages, for couples)
- Mine! You can sign-up at the bottom of the page if you'd like occasional emails with links to blog posts, videos, and other relationship resources and encouragement.
- The Marriage Minute by The Gottman Institute (relationship tips + resources twice a month)
- Milkman Delivers by Dr. Katy Milkman (monthly insights on decision making from leading experts)
- Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss (on new beginnings and finding your way - packed with great life lessons).
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst (helps children cope with separation anxiety and loss)
- When I Pray for You by Matthew Paul Turner (a parent's prayer for their child during different stages of life)
- Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller (focuses on practical ways to spread kindness and be more considerate)
- What Should Darla (or Danny) Do? by Ganit and Adir Levy (readers make decisions for Darla/Danny and see how their choices can change the trajectory of the story)
- The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be by Joanna Gaines (discover how our differences make us unique and how we all have something to contribute)
- Just in Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado (discusses God's special design for your child's life)
- The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson (a story of friendship and an amazing adventure with an unlikely hero)
- The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin (on love and acceptance; how special children are through their parents' eyes)
- The Smart Cookie by Jory John (on different talents and learning styles; helps encourage creativity and self-confidence)
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases of the books listed above at no additional cost to you. If you prefer, you're more than welcome to purchase from another online retailer or local bookstore, or check your community library.