About Dr. Kara
Marriage and motherhood have been my most daring, humbling adventures.
Hi! I'm Dr. Kara - a wife, mom of 3, and an award-winning relationship coach. For more than a decade, couples have let me peek behind the curtain into their relationships to offer encouragement and guidance.
With a PhD in family studies and a master's in dispute resolution, I love people, understanding how they tick, and observing how they interact and influence each other.
I've been a relationship blogger for Psychology Today and have been featured in outlets like Brides and the DFWChild podcast.
My goal is to blend science-backed skills with humor and straight talk - to make relationship research "doable" for your real life.
Showing up well for our people is probably the hardest, most important work we'll ever do.
I hope you'll find tips, insights, and resources here to encourage you in the relationships that matter most.
- Ph.D. Family Studies, Texas Woman's University
- M.A. Dispute Resolution, Southern Methodist University
- B.A. Corporate Communications-Public Affairs and Psychology, Southern Methodist University
- Dream Big Certified Coach
- PREP Certified Facilitator
- Certified SYMBIS Assessment Facilitator
- Bringing Baby Home Educator, The Gottman Institute
- Certified Family Life Educator, National Council on Family Relations
- Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- 42-Hour Domestic Relations and Dispute Resolution Certification
- 40-Hour Mediation and Dispute Resolution Certification