About Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara specializes in relationship education and marriage preparation. Her areas of interest include couples' conflict, communication, decision-making, and transitions. She is a 4-time recipient of The Knot's "Best of Weddings" award for her work with engaged couples, and she was inducted into the "Best of Weddings" Hall of Fame.
Professionally, she has experience working in higher education (staff + teaching sides), family mediation, and as a facilitator, program director, and entrepreneur in the field of relationship education. She is the incoming General Manager at PREP, Inc. The PREP Approach has been used to teach effective relationship skills to more than a million people worldwide - and counting!
- Ph.D. Family Studies, Texas Woman's University
- M.A. Dispute Resolution, Southern Methodist University
- B.A. Corporate Communications-Public Affairs and Psychology, Southern Methodist University
- PREP Certified Facilitator
- Certified SYMBIS Assessment Facilitator
- Bringing Baby Home Educator, The Gottman Institute
- Certified Family Life Educator, National Council on Family Relations
- Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- 42-Hour Domestic Relations and Dispute Resolution Certification
- 40-Hour Mediation and Dispute Resolution Certification